QuickDuct CAD Product Sheet (PDF File)
New Module Q-Steel Product Sheet (PDF File)
QuickDuct CAD System Requirements (PDF)
Download Object Enablers
The BIM Solution (PDF)
Incredible Drawing power with seamless CAM interface
Coupled with the incredible drawing power of AutoCAD 2010, Quickduct CAD provides the sheet metal detailer with all necessary tools to produce easy to read shop drawings and 3D coordination drawings. Quickduct’s powerful features for editing, labeling and duct routing reduce hours of work to just minutes. An industry first, Ripple Edit gives users the ability to correct mistakes in mere seconds. There is no need to redraw or edit more than one fitting in a ductline; simply make the necessary changes to one fitting and Quickduct automatically edits the rest of the ductline and applies your personal fabrication standards. Automatic Labeling is just one more area where Quickduct trumps its competition. Manually adding useful text is easy with Quickduct CAD. It is as simple as selecting the desired fitting and choosing the appropriate data from a list. Shop Data Systems, Inc. is also the only company in the market that provides its users with 3D Lights. Quickduct CAD can support rectangle and circular lights in its well stocked equipment library which also includes an expandable list of Air Handlers, VAV boxes, and diffusers. Combined with its customizable equipment database, Quickduct’s complete rectangle, round and flat oval fitting library gives the detailer all items needed to design and draw the most complex jobs. If it can't be built, it won't be drawn.
Additional Quickduct Features
- Automatic Routing
- Quickduct CAD's automatic routing utility makes routing from point to point a one click operation. It will also automatically adjust throat sizes of elbows in routes up to a user specified maximum to eliminate additional small, costly short joints.
- Automatic Connecting
- Simply select the two ducts and choose the type of transitioning duct you would like to use whether it be a simple transition, a square offset, or a radius O.G.
- Automatic Dimensioning
- One of the most time consuming parts of any CAD drawing is labeling. Quickduct CAD automatically dimensions size, length, offset, angle and elevation changes.
- Automatic Piece Numbers
- Another time consuming function is made easy with Quickduct’s intelligent piece numbering. Options for orientation and placement assure users will have minimal text interferences.
- Produce Duct Reports
- By interfacing Crystal Reports™ with Shop Data, you have the tools you need to extract critical data for estimating, production, shipping, inventory management, purchasing and more.
- Download to Fabrication
- Quickduct CAD seamlessly integrates with Quickduct CAM which means, once the drawing is complete, you are minutes instead of hours away from pattern layout, nesting and cutting. Fully compatible shop standards between CAD & CAM assure no downloading problems. Since Quickduct CAD is “Fabrication Smart”, if it can’t be built, it won’t be drawn.
- Download to Estimating
- Quickduct has teamed up with industry estimating software companies to provide its users with ultimate design engineering and change order options. Quickduct allows for estimates of either the whole drawing or a user specified area.